How do I apply for new service?
Fill out and submit the Application for Service
Please allow at least one business day notice when requesting service.
Is a deposit required to start a new service?
No, a deposit is not required to start a new service. However, certain areas do require a new account fee. You pay this charge when you receive your first bill.
How do I pay my bill?
- Have your bank account drafted on the 25th of each month.
- Have your credit/debit card drafted on the 25th of each month. A convienence charge will apply.
- Pay by credit/debit card online. A convienence charge will apply.
- Mail a check or money order before the due date to:
JACABB Utilities, LLC
210 W. North 2nd St.
Seneca, SC 29678
- Pay in person at our office.
How do I set up automatic payments?
- Automatic payments will be drafted on the 25th of each month or the following business day if the 25th falls on a weekend or holiday.
- For ACH bank drafts, fill out and submit the Bank Draft Form or set it up through the Customer Portal.
- For applications sent to our office, your account must be current and the first draft will be a Pre-Note to verify the information you have provided. A Pre-Note draft WILL NOT process payments from your account. However, when set up online through the Customer Portal, there will not be a waiting period and bank drafts will occur on the next draft date.
- For credit/debit card drafts, they must be set up through the Customer Portal. Please note that a convenience fee will apply.
Can I view my bill online?
Yes, through the Customer Portal
How do I disconnect my utility service?
Fill out and submit the Request for Disconnect
Please allow at least one business day notice when terminating service.
What is the "Safe Drinking Water Fee" on my bill?
The Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) is the federal law that ensures the quality of public drinking water. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has established national health-based standards to protect against natural and man-made contaminants that may be found in drinking water. South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) regulates public water systems to make sure that these standards are met. The Safe Drinking Water Fees are for implementing this SDWA. (SC Code of Laws, Title 44 Chapter 55, Article 1, State Safe Drinking Water Act)
How do I report a water or sewer problem?
For non-urgent issues during business hours, call our office: 864.973.9001
For critical issues that need immediate attention, call our emergency number: 864.973.7007
The emergency line should only be used for urgent and critical issues that require immediate attention.
Please do not call the emergency line for billing questions or payments.
What if I didn't receive my bill?
JACABB Utilities sends bills to the email address on file. If you did not receive your bill, please contact us and let us know. You are still responsible to make payment even if you did not receive the bill.
Contact our office via email or phone, use the form on the back of your bill, or submit an Update Contact Information
form if you need to update or change your email address.